Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which phone I should buy

• iphone 6s plus

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • iphone 7 plus

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

auanup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
I am planning to buy iphone.
Should I go with iphone 6s plus or iphone 7.
The difference is $200.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
IPhone 6s plus is still a great a phone (atleast for one more Year) I am still using mine from launch day as my main phone,the phone is held up pretty well after one year of abuse ,no decrease in battery health or any other issues.the phone is still working great as from day one .although i got iPhone 7 and i can't see much difference in performance wise, go ahead and buy iPhone 6s plus,You won't miss much

Last edited:
Reactions: bopajuice

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
IPhone 6s plus is still a great a phone (atleast for one more Year) I am still using mine from launch day as my main phone,the phone is held up pretty well after one year of abuse ,no decrease in battery health or any other issues.the phone is still working great as from day one .although i got iPhone 7 and i can't see much difference in performance wise, go ahead and buy iPhone 6s plus,You won't miss much

First, you are comparing your 4.7 Matte Black iPhone 7 against the 7 Plus. The additional Ram is a significant improvement over the 4.7 iPhone 7.

Second, I own both the 6s Plus and 7 Plus, the 7 Plus is notably faster in reloading and with Fewer refreshes than the 6s Plus. Also, the 7 Plus is also smoother when multitasking over the 6s Plus. The 7 Plus may not be leaps ahead of the 6s Plus in speed, but it is faster in every facet I have tested it with. I suggest you test the 7 Plus when comparing iPhones, versus using your 4.7 model.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
First, you are comparing your 4.7 Matte Black iPhone 7 against the 7 Plus. The additional Ram is a significant improvement over the 4.7 iPhone 7.

Second, I own both the 6s Plus and 7 Plus, the 7 Plus is notably faster in reloading and with Fewer refreshes than the 6s Plus. Also, the 7 Plus is also smoother when multitasking over the 6s Plus. The 7 Plus may not be leaps ahead of the 6s Plus in speed, but it is faster in every facet I have tested it with. I suggest you test the 7 Plus when comparing iPhones, versus using your 4.7 model.
First of all i don't care what you say and second I have used iPhone 7 Plus for couple of days and i can say the performance improvement over the iPhone 6s plus is not much,you simply don't miss much over the iPhone 6s plus except the camera, and iPhone 7 (4.7) is par with iPhone 7 plus in performance wise you can simply go through YouTube and check by yourself

Last edited:
Reactions: caseyfriday

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
First of all i don't care what you say and second I have used iPhone 7 Plus for couple of days and i can say this thing is not more than a tweaked body of iPhone 6 plus with a dual camera no big performance improvement(not worth the extra money) the only reason i picked up iPhone 7 smaller was due to the size and not want to waste money on a modified iPhone 6 plus :mad: which i already have, waiting for the completely redesigned anniversary iPhone

No. The 7 Plus is more than a 'Tweaked' body. Judging from your previous posts, you constantly contradict yourself with iPhone comparisons. No need to be defensive, especially since your comparison isn't exactly fair with the 4.7 and 7 Plus.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I am buying new iphone.
Should i buy iphone 6s plus or iphone 7 plus.
Is $200 difference worth?

If you need to ask the differences between the two, you obviously don't care that much. So you should just save the extra money and get a 6S plus.

No point for the rest of us to debate something highly subjective.

Reactions: elf69

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I had the 6S Plus and now have the 7 Plus. I'll say there is a big enough difference that makes the 7 Plus a MUCH better device. Here's a short list why:

• Dual Speaker setup vastly improves my ability to hear my phone in environments where I would miss the 6S Plus.
  • Dual Speaker setup reduces my reliance on headphones as I can hear it better watching videos.
  • Screen is unbelievably realistic compared to the 6S Plus. It's like candy to my eyes. This is one of the first things I noticed about it in the store.
  • Higher RAM to the OS allows me to have more safari tabs open without delay while switching whereas my 6S Plus would have to re-load pages more. I tend to leave tabs open and refer to them periodically so this is important to me. This helps my perception that the 7 is faster. The regular 7 doesn't have the extra RAM since it doesn't have the dual camera.
  • Camera setup is so much better with dual camera. You can read a lot about it so I won't say anything other than in my use, the 2X setting gets used more than I thought it would.
  • Water and dust IPX ratings allow me to just get a regular case to prevent dings/damage from drops. Thank goodness because I liked Lifeproof but since Otterbox bought them, they've become crap and unavailable for months on new models. I figured I saved about $60+ here.
  • I've noticed improvements with the taptic engine. To describe it best, I'd say it's crisper.
For the record - I don't buy what Sunny^2Singh is trying to sell. They are right about one thing, though....if you don't know the features of the 7 Plus, you certainly won't miss them. So if you get a 6S model, don't use a 7 or you may get buyers remorse. And that's my .02!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I'm discussing the iPhone topic and your discrepancies from your previous post(s). It was an observation. I have tested both Plus models. The 7 Plus is a significant leap over the 6s Plus. For reference, see @OriginalAppleGuy post above. I'm sure you will find it helpful and all the features the 7 Plus has to offer, besides being just a "Tweaked" body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mike5254

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I'm discussing the iPhone topic and your discrepancies from your previous post(s). It was an observation. I have tested both Plus models. The 7 Plus is a significant leap over the 6s Plus. For reference, see @OriginalAppleGuy post above. I'm sure you will find it helpful and all the features the 7 Plus has to offer, besides being just a "Tweaked" body.
I still enjoy using my iPhone 6s Plus no matter what new iPhone 7 plus (ME) has to offer above that, to each their own and i still consider buying iPhone 6s plus over the iPhone 7 plus (ME).But what about your iPhone 7 silver!!???

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
I am buying new iphone.
Should i buy iphone 6s plus or iphone 7 plus.
Is $200 difference worth?
Purchase what you can afford. The specs are out there. Biggest loss with the 7 (in some peoples opinion) is the headphone jack.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I had the 6S Plus and now have the 7 Plus. I'll say there is a big enough difference that makes the 7 Plus a MUCH better device. Here's a short list why:

• Dual Speaker setup vastly improves my ability to hear my phone in environments where I would miss the 6S Plus.
  • Dual Speaker setup reduces my reliance on headphones as I can hear it better watching videos.
  • Screen is unbelievably realistic compared to the 6S Plus. It's like candy to my eyes. This is one of the first things I noticed about it in the store.
  • Higher RAM to the OS allows me to have more safari tabs open without delay while switching whereas my 6S Plus would have to re-load pages more. I tend to leave tabs open and refer to them periodically so this is important to me. This helps my perception that the 7 is faster. The regular 7 doesn't have the extra RAM since it doesn't have the dual camera.
  • Camera setup is so much better with dual camera. You can read a lot about it so I won't say anything other than in my use, the 2X setting gets used more than I thought it would.
  • Water and dust IPX ratings allow me to just get a regular case to prevent dings/damage from drops. Thank goodness because I liked Lifeproof but since Otterbox bought them, they've become crap and unavailable for months on new models. I figured I saved about $60+ here.
  • I've noticed improvements with the taptic engine. To describe it best, I'd say it's crisper.
For the record - I don't buy what Sunny^2Singh is trying to sell. They are right about one thing, though....if you don't know the features of the 7 Plus, you certainly won't miss them. So if you get a 6S model, don't use a 7 or you may get buyers remorse. And that's my .02!
I know each and every feature of iPhone 7 plus I have used one for cople of days (I also daily use iPhone 7)and sorry i don't miss any feature.my iPhone 6s plus is par with iPhone 7 plus in performance. there is not a huge performance bump that one can notice on normal daily basis usage between both phones. IPhone 6s plus is more value for money than iPhone 7 plus for now.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I know each and every feature of iPhone 7 plus I have used one for cople of days (I also daily use iPhone 7)and sorry i don't miss any feature.my iPhone 6s plus is par with iPhone 7 plus in performance. there is not a huge performance bump that one can notice on normal daily basis usage between both phones. IPhone 6s plus is more value for money than iPhone 7 plus for now.

Wrong. The 7 Plus is significantly faster than the 6s Plus. Especially with reloads and refesh rates, considering the additional Ram.

And the 6s Plus is not more value for the money. It Might have the 3.5 Jack, but the 7 Plus is an upgrade in almost every facet. Quit downplaying the iPhone 7 Plus, as if it's not better than the 6s Plus, when it is in performance, hardware and camera.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
Wrong. The 7 Plus is significantly faster than the 6s Plus. Especially with reloads and refesh rates, considering the additional Ram.

And the 6s Plus is not more value for the money. It Might have the 3.5 Jack, but the 7 Plus is an upgrade in almost every facet. Quit downplaying the iPhone 7 Plus, as if it's not better than the 6s Plus, when it is in performance, hardware and camera.
No iPhone 6s plus is better at its price tag, the only phone that can beat the iPhone 6s plus is the all new anniversary iPhone (which i am eagerly waiting for), that will be a true upgrade from iPhone 6s plus.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Buy 6s unless you want hissing problem.

I know the early launch models suffered from this. It seems the iPhones manufacturered after week 41/42 are reporting less issues with the hissing. Mine fortunately does not have this issue.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I know the early launch models suffered from this. It seems the iPhones manufacturered after week 41/42 are reporting less issues with the hissing. Mine fortunately does not have this issue.
I got iPhone 6 Plus and 7 plus. I'll upload a video clip in a bit to see if something is up.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
It would be a defect already noted, if you're referring to the reported hissing sound announced near launch day. I would contact Apple for a possible replacement.
Yup. I'm still within return window...so i'm hoping they would give me another one or refund it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.