Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alazhaarp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Halle, Germany
I'm changing my iTunes store region.

I'm a student, moving from Indonesia to Germany a couple months back. I've been using indonesian iTunes store from the day I started using iTunes. I never have a credit card, so back then I had to use gift cards if I want to buy stuff. The problem is iTunes gift card isn't widely sold in Indonesia. I had to come to unofficial apple store/service center and bought it personally to the people there. They sold it digitally, and it wasn't always available.

But anyway, it became less and less practical to keep the indonesian iTunes store here. I can never buy the gift card again.

Which region? Germany or...?

I know it's natural to pick the Germany iTunes store region because I live here now. Plus I can buy the physical iTunes gift card anywhere here. But I've been thinking, I can choose other country too, especially US. I can easily buy US or Germany iTunes gift card from Amazon or PayPal.

Is picking the US region bring more benefits over the Germany? Which one is the better option in the long run?

Any opinions or advices would be appreciated :)

Thank you

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
What kind of content are you buying from iTunes? The most obvious difference is the supported language. If you are interested in movies and TV shows, note that almost everything is dubbed in the German store.

alazhaarp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Halle, Germany
What kind of content are you buying from iTunes? The most obvious difference is the supported language. If you are interested in movies and TV shows, note that almost everything is dubbed in the German store.
Yeah, I have experienced that in Netflix germany. But fortunately, I don't buy movies or TV shows. So it's just about the apps and iCloud services.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.