Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
I'm planning on buying a Mack Warranty for my refurbished D50, but was wondering what would be the best in your opinion? A 5 year warranty, or a 2 year Ultimate Warranty that covers sand damage, impact, misuse, and normal wear and tear? Right now I'm kind of leaning towards the 2 year, because even though I don't exactly plan on dropping it, it would be nice to know its covered. Also, I live very close to the beach, the the sand coverage is definately a plus. Furthermore, I am pretty sure I will upgrade within the next 5 years, most likely the next 3 or so.

and both warranties cost about the same, so price isn't really a consideration.

Thanks in advance!

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
shieldyoureyes said:
I'm planning on buying a Mack Warranty for my refurbished D50, but was wondering what would be the best in your opinion? A 5 year warranty, or a 2 year Ultimate Warranty that covers sand damage, impact, misuse, and normal wear and tear? Right now I'm kind of leaning towards the 2 year, because even though I don't exactly plan on dropping it, it would be nice to know its covered. Also, I live very close to the beach, the the sand coverage is definately a plus. Furthermore, I am pretty sure I will upgrade within the next 5 years, most likely the next 3 or so.

and both warranties cost about the same, so price isn't really a consideration.

Thanks in advance!

I'm buying my new D50 tomorrow from Wolfcamera and I'm getting the 2 year all inclusive coverage. Why you ask? Because I would freak out if anyone touched my camera if I didn't have this. With the Warranty I can actually let people use my camera or hold it without having to worry. It's a great way to put my nerves at rest and let others enjoy my incredible camera. In fact I'm also doing it on the 2 lenses I'm buying to. How much is the Mack warranty??

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
macdaddy121 said:
I'm buying my new D50 tomorrow from Wolfcamera and I'm getting the 2 year all inclusive coverage. Why you ask? Because I would freak out if anyone touched my camera if I didn't have this. With the Warranty I can actually let people use my camera or hold it without having to worry. It's a great way to put my nerves at rest and let others enjoy my incredible camera. In fact I'm also doing it on the 2 lenses I'm buying to. How much is the Mack warranty??

I purchased my D50 from Wolf Camera as well - sure, it was a bit more expensive than online retailers (although not TOO much more), but they're service is really, really good :)

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
The warranty is $70. I think I'm just going to buy the one that covers damage, just for the peace of mind when I let my friends/family handle it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.