Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarlosCB1986

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2022
My company has upgraded my laptop to a MacBook Pro 16'' 2021 and after trying it at home with an old Dell 1080p monitor I've noticed text is blurry due to having very low dpi.

I have a budget of around 450€ for a new display and I was thinking of buying a 27'' 4k monitor to use it with 2k to effectively double my dpi and have better text display (some of my teammates already have this setup and it looks much better than mine).

I'd use it mainly for software development and would appreciate adjustable height, an usb hub for the rest of the equipment and also good reflection management, as I live on the beach and always work with a lot of natural light.

I can only buy from a few selected options from an internal store and was hoping someone could point me to the best options from the below list to use with the macbook, as many of them have very similar specs and I cannot find them on the typical review websites for more detailed comparisons:

• LG 27UN880-B (at 394,99€)
  • BenQ PD2700U (at 441,99€)
  • Dell Professional P2723QE (at 440,99€)
  • Samsung ViewFinity S27B800PXU (at 478,99€)
  • Philips 279P1 (at 409,99€)
  • Asus ProArt PA278CV (at 412,99€)

PS: If there is a different option around the same prize which is absolutely a better option than the above please let me know, as I could try to justify the exception to the IT team.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.