Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3xpl0it

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
I'm considering to buy an iPad Pro 10.5" or 12.9" (64 or 256 gb still don't know yet) for educational purposes.
Also the Apple Pencil to write notes.

I want to use my iPad for Math, Biology, German (I'm from Germany) and other subjects.
Is the 'normal' Note-App in iOS 11 sufficient enough to manage all the subjects? Or are there better Apps?
Because that's where I want to use my Apple Pencil to write/annotating in handwriting instead of using a keyboard. Like if I'm writing on a normal notebook with a pencil.

Are there also other Apps to work more efficiently?

Last edited:

3xpl0it

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
Thank you guys. And how about the storage? And the school stuff?

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
Huh? It fits in the most minimal of bags. I have a Staad Attaché from Waterfield Designs and it's incredibly portable.

Surely the 10.5 is more portable though? If the iPad was all you were carrying then it wouldn't matter too much. But if you've a case and maybe text books I think the smaller Pro is a better option for true portability.

Suspended
May 11, 2013
10.5" all day for the perfect size. The 12.9 is more of a studio fixture in my opinion.

Also, if I was you I'd not want too large a screen as others could watch what you're doing so easily. Because iMessages / personal things you do in between lectures in public might just be too precious to share that easily.

3M offer a good screen protector that stop this regardless of screen size but are costly at around £30. That's IF you feel this might be an issue.

People tend to look at my uni when someone uses fancy Apple stuff like a gold MacBook or iPad Pro and it could make people jealous or try to steal in some cases. Particularly if you're in first year and the idiots haven't been weeded out yet..

Best of luck

Reactions: KrisLord
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.