Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWinnipegger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
I've been using photoshop for a while at school. And i'm not sure which version to get. Here's what i need.

-Probobly the most basic version
-Probobly the cheapest version
-Compatible with Mac
-And I'll probobly be installing it on 3-4 Macs.

Any suggestions.

Also is there a seperate version for Mac and Windows.? Or is it like universal..

thanks People.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
photoshop 2.5

but you'll have to buy seperate copies for mac and windows and might run into trouble running on multiple systems. I hear the next version really cracks down on the copyright stuff.

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
each license of photoshop will allow you to run it on 2 machines (tho technically not at the same time - but in reality you can). you do need separate version for windows and macs.

so in your scenario you need 2 copies of photoshop, either both mac or one mac one windows.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I've been using photoshop for a while at school. And i'm not sure which version to get. Here's what i need.

Photoshop Elements.

You can buy Photoshop CS3 but before you do take the time to list, write it down, the features that as the PS CS3 the are missing from Elements that you will use. (The last bit "that you will use" is key)

Compare your list to the price difference. Foe most people the list will me empty but possibly not for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.