Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
The new 24 Apple screens are not to my liking. I prefer the look of the older style alu cinema displays like the 23" and 30" models but have had problems in the past with my 23" with its pinkish/red'ish cast.

Not sure, and I have not gotten round to colour correcting with my Eye-one calibrator. Is this possible and yield good results with the ACD's.. anyone tried with success?

The other option would be to get one of the Eizo displays...(although more $$ than the ACDs)

http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/index.asp

In the long run i want to be able to span 2 to 3 of these from my MBP 17. Possibly with these adapters..

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/29/47462-dual-external-monitors-mbp-solution.html

Your recommendations/experience/insight/advice appreciated :)

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
no one uses a colour calibrated screen :confused:

c'mon, don't be shy :D

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
I can recommend the Dell 24" (2407). Excellent colour reproduction and as for brightness - well, you could burn your retinas out.

Martster

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008
Van Diemen's Land
I agree with the recommendation of the dell 24 inch series.
I have just purchased a 2408 wfp ultrasharp and its great to
work with for stills and video; has a great colour range and it
has a decent calibration straight out of the box.

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I agree with the recommendation of the dell 24 inch series.
I have just purchased a 2408 wfp ultrasharp and its great to
work with for stills and video; has a great colour range and it
has a decent calibration straight out of the box.

thanks for the responses

Martster, are you running your 2408 on a Mac? whats your setup, MB, MBP, Mac Pro.. I went to the dell site, the 2408 has protrait capabilities, if youre on a mac does this function, ie. software drivers are provided? Also do you know what sot of panel is inside it.. thanks

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
thanks for the responses

Martster, are you running your 2408 on a Mac? whats your setup, MB, MBP, Mac Pro.. I went to the dell site, the 2408 has protrait capabilities, if youre on a mac does this function, ie. software drivers are provided? Also do you know what sot of panel is inside it.. thanks

Rotating the screen still requires manually adjusting settings, the display does not auto-detect what position it is in, even on PC's...

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Rotating the screen still requires manually adjusting settings, the display does not auto-detect what position it is in, even on PC's...

ok. thanks. is that via Display preferences, or a script/software?

Martster

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008
Van Diemen's Land
Hi Sparkie, am running the 2408 with a MBP, Santa Rosa late 2007.
Panel type is S-PVA. see here for more info
HTML:
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3302&p=4
No special drivers required.

M

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
The Eizos are great, but looking for a little bit more budget happy monitor, look at the NECs or LaCies. I have 2 LaCie 321s that I got based on research I did, and was the best monitor in the price range, very close to the higher priced Eizos.

I have been very happy with them, and they have a portrait mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.