Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
Bit of a nerdy question but Google simply isn't finding the answer for me and neither is Apple's own developer docs. I keep seeing articles saying that with the two new Siri voices in 14.5 being added, there are now 38 total voices across 21 languages using the (better sounding) neural text-to-speech capability in iOS. WHAT are the 38 voices that had been thus upgraded since (i assume) ios 13? I know American Siri male and female are as they were the first ones to get the neural upgrade. What about British male and female? Are the 38 documented anywhere or shown on a dev conference slide?

Reactions: hobspain

hobspain

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
Bit of a nerdy question but Google simply isn't finding the answer for me and neither is Apple's own developer docs. I keep seeing articles saying that with the two new Siri voices in 14.5 being added, there are now 38 total voices across 21 languages using the (better sounding) neural text-to-speech capability in iOS. WHAT are the 38 voices that had been thus upgraded since (i assume) ios 13? I know American Siri male and female are as they were the first ones to get the neural upgrade. What about British male and female? Are the 38 documented anywhere or shown on a dev conference slide?
I reached this post precisely looking for the same answer. Particularly if Spanish is one of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.