Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
I have dented my previous MacBook so I'm doing my best this time to protect my MacBook Pro M1 13''

first is this TOMTAC one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...4&pd_rd_w=nZ4S7&pd_rd_wg=FIT2s&ref_=pd_gw_unk

second one is this INCASE one with magnets:

(nearly 4x the price of the Tomtac one but the bumper on the sides seem like they would protect from dents well, but I'm not too keen on the magnets ..im afraid they could mess with the internals of the MacBook (?))

Not sure if either are waterproof though, anyone can vouch for them?

Okta

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2014
Out of those two I'd say the Tomtac one will be fine. If it's possible you might want to put a hard shell cover over your laptop as well. Generally padding will only do so much

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I did a review for Tomtac last year on their cases. I’ve also did a review for Incase. My vote would be for Tomtac. If you are looking for solid protection them Tomtac offer you that. I reviewed the leather case and still use it today. Incase is good as well but Tomtac offer slightly better protection.

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
I did a review for Tomtac last year on their cases. I’ve also did a review for Incase. My vote would be for Tomtac. If you are looking for solid protection them Tomtac offer you that. I reviewed the leather case and still use it today. Incase is good as well but Tomtac offer slightly better protection.
Got it, did you have any personal experiences with water and this case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.