Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hannah-bonanza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Wisconsin
I've owned quite a few iPhones, but since pre-ordering the iPhone 7 plus this is the first time I've seriously considered using a screen protector since discovering they now come in a tempered glass variety.

I really like the idea of the 3D edge-to-edge protectors, but I also want to use a case. I know there can be a lot of trial and error figuring out which case will accommodate that type of protector, but if anyone has any tips on what's worked for them in the past (or currently) your insight would be much appreciated!

hannah-bonanza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Wisconsin
I use an edge to edge 3D tempered glass screen protector. I use Apple's leather case and it fits perfectly.

Do the Apple cases have much of a lip on them that goes above screen height? As much as say, the Speck or Otterbox cases? Last time I looked at Apple cases I felt like there wasn't a ton of protection going on, but I've never actually used one, so I really have no idea. Have you found that it's pretty protective in the event of a drop?

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
I've owned quite a few iPhones, but since pre-ordering the iPhone 7 plus this is the first time I've seriously considered using a screen protector since discovering they now come in a tempered glass variety.

I really like the idea of the 3D edge-to-edge protectors, but I also want to use a case. I know there can be a lot of trial and error figuring out which case will accommodate that type of protector, but if anyone has any tips on what's worked for them in the past (or currently) your insight would be much appreciated!

I'm wondering the same. I ordered the Peel case for my iPhone 7 Plus and the Turata 3D E2E screen protector from Amazon. Just waiting for these to be delivered to see if they work...

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I would look very closely at product descriptions as many sellers are using 3D in their title but the protector is 2.5D.

Edge to edge generally denoted 2.5D. This type of protector usually does not have case issues.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Been looking for the a similar combo for my iPhone 7, only one combination has worked so far for me:

Spigen Neo Hybrid case with Klearlook [case friendly series] edge to edge screen protector
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JBUB0D0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kPI5xb4HHGPKT

I decided to try the anti glare version and so far I'm pretty happy. Of course there is the usual graining of overall picture quality but the phone just looks sleek and stealthy now (matte black iPhone 7).

Note: I tried this screen protector with a few spigen cases (liquid armor, liquid crystal, neo hybrid and ultra hybrid) and they all cause the protector to lift at the edges except the Neo Hybrid.

Really want a screen protector that works with the ultra hybrid case!

Reactions: hannah-bonanza

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Update:

I'm currently rocking the same Klearlook case as mentioned in my previous post and the black Apple leather case. I think it looks pretty sleek and stealthy:
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

Barely any gap around the screen protector and more importantly, no lifting! However I do wish that the bottom of the phone wasn't so exposed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.