Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
My iPhone 13 is my first upgrade since the iPhone XS and it is such an upgrade. I wanted to get the Pro but could not justify the extra cash as would have wanted at least 256gb so I got ProRes!

I felt that if I got the 13 this year, I could trade next year and pay the same amount or less that I did this year to go Pro. Anyone else doing the same as next year will be new design etc?

How much have people been offered for their non pro 12 either selling private or trade in?

Reactions: thermal

theMarble

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2020
Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant
I'm probably going to upgrade to a 13 Mini at the end of the year as my Android phone really isn't doing well anymore. I'm not one to upgrade every year but if the 14 Pro is compelling enough, I will trade in the 13 Mini.

You should be able to look at Apple's trade in page for the 12 and completed auctions to find an average price of a 12.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm probably going to upgrade to a 13 Mini at the end of the year as my Android phone really isn't doing well anymore. I'm not one to upgrade every year but if the 14 Pro is compelling enough, I will trade in the 13 Mini.

You should be able to look at Apple's trade in page for the 12 and completed auctions to find an average price of a 12.
I used to upgrade every year until the iPhone XS, but life got in the way!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.