Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrickyTreeRed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
After hearing so many rumours over the past couple of months about the SE being dropped for iOS 13, I was relieved to hear yesterday that these rumours turned out to be false.

After watching this review of iOS 13 on the SE, the phone's going to be better than ever! Anyone else in a good mood about this news?

Long live the iPhone SE!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
iPhone 6 owners are sulking and don't care that the SE made the cut one bit. The sky has finally fallen.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
iPhone 6 owners are sulking.

Nah. The A8 processor was rumored to be slashed for quite some time with the iPod sixth generation an iPhone 6 (With only 1 GB of Ram). Apple had to make a cut somewhere, and that phone was on top of the list.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
I've owned all the iPhones, and 6/6 Plus were real dogs, performance wise. When I got the 6S Plus, I finally realized "this is what a fast phone acts like".

I bought cheap iPhone SEs for my kids to use. I hope they get iOS 14, too.

WingsAndBeer

Cancelled
May 24, 2019
I am happy about it and I don't even own an SE. Considering that phone could be purchased for ~$150 (if you're a deal hunter), it means a lot of lower income individuals can still rock the latest OS.

Reactions: na1577 and arkitect

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
I am happy about it and I don't even own an SE. Considering that phone could be purchased for ~$150 (if you're a deal hunter), it means a lot of lower income individuals can still rock the latest OS.

Exactly. Actually I just picked up a brand new unlocked 32GB SE for $100 + tax, no shipping. Really hard to resist a 'new' phone with at least another year of iOS support at that price.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
I have a feeling all iPhones that got iOS 13 could get iOS 14 too. Can’t say I’m equally confident about iPads and Macs though.

Reactions: retta283

littlemidge

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2018
I’ve owned two SE’s now, and it’s great news it’s getting iOS 13. It’s still a brilliant device with a form factor that needs to be bought back. Come on Apple :) release that new SE the fans are waiting for. (It fits so much better in your front jean pocket than the bigger iPhones)

I’d drop my Xs in a heartbeat for a new release SE

Reactions: TrickyTreeRed

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
My wife is pleased. She just replaced the battery on her SE and between that and the new OS - this thing should last another year for her.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
After hearing so many rumours over the past couple of months about the SE being dropped for iOS 13, I was relieved to hear yesterday that these rumours turned out to be false.

After watching this review of iOS 13 on the SE, the phone's going to be better than ever! Anyone else in a good mood about this news?

Long live the iPhone SE!

His battery dropped 3% in a 3 minute video while doing next to nothing with the phone so hopefully battery life is better than that for you guys for the final release.

Edit: I missed the cutaway at the end and battery remained @ 49% for the whole demonstration.

Last edited:

RegularGuy09

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2015
Im using an iPhone SE I purchased last year, and its amazing. My phone always has Safari(with around 450 tabs open lol), Spotify, Twitter, Instagram, Mail etc open in background, and it still is blazing fast. Battery life is more or less all day(has taken a bit of hit) and there is never any lag.

Cant wait for iOS 13.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.