Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone out of the four?

• iPhone 3G

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • iPhone 3GS

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • iPhone 4

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • iPhone 4S

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iPhoneAndTechReviews

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2018
I am now using the iPhone X 256GB Black, but I am curious who is still using the iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, or 4S? I upgraded to iPhone X on release date from the iPhone 8 Plus, and I am curious who is still using an outdated phone as only 1.5% use the older devices combined. About 7% use just the iPhone X, so who is still using one of these devices as their primary phone?

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
Didn't you answer this yourself already, in a rather offensive and bigoted way?
Offensive.jpg

iPhoneAndTechReviews

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2018
Didn't you answer this yourself already, in a rather offensive and bigoted way? View attachment 759205
I asked it before answering in another post what I think about people using the iPhone 4/4S. I am curious who still does, in the comments.
[doublepost=1524351911][/doublepost]
I use a 6s+, but I also have a 5 and a 4s.
Cool, so you collect phones right? Or are these your previous phones? Because I do have an iPhone 4, 4S in the closet, for those projects. I even have iPhone 2G/3G/3GS.

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
I have all four, I'm a collector...lol.
Black (MEH condition) but still works 3G
White pretty clean 3GS
Black 4 mint condition jailbroken
White 4s mint running iOS 6

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Cool, so you collect phones right? Or are these your previous phones? Because I do have an iPhone 4, 4S in the closet, for those projects. I even have iPhone 2G/3G/3GS.
We don't sell our phones when we get new ones. They move down or get passed on to other people.

In the case of my 5, that was my very first full iPhone purchase. I had a 3GS before to acclimate myself to iOS, but that got passed on to a friend who needed a phone.

The current 5 I have is the third replacement of the same phone. It's a little over two years old now. I don't plan to replace it the next time.

The 4s I have by default. I got it from a friend for my son's 13th birthday as his first phone. He did well enough that he inherited his mother's iPhone 5 and so the 4s passed to me. For his 14th birthday he had done well enough to justify a brand new phone for him (an iPhone SE) and an increase in his data cap.

My daughter got my wife's 5.

The 6s+ is my current primary phone.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I have a 5 running 6.1.3 and a 4S yet although I'd prefer to keep using, must use the 8+ as there are apps I need that are not compatible with lower iOSs.

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
I asked it before answering in another post what I think about people using the iPhone 4/4S. I am curious who still does, in the comments.
[doublepost=1524351911][/doublepost]

Curious to hear from people who you think are stupid, drug dealers, poor or old? I'm not convinced you deserve a civilised response. You've still failed to offer an apology for your ignorant preconceptions.

MartyvH

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
I would love to see how long these phones actually last into the future. Hopefully there will be someone who still uses them to demonstrate it.

Although I can see two limits to their active use, network support and battery lifespan when no new batteries are available anymore.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I have a 6 plus as my daily driver, but I also have a 4 if I'm bored and wanna play with iOS 7. The 4 barely does anything though. :p

Apples555

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2012
Didn't you answer this yourself already, in a rather offensive and bigoted way? View attachment 759205

Lol.

I used a 3GS 2010-2017 until I got the X at launch. It was a great phone and I still prefer the 3GS’s size. It still supported Maps, cloud storage, and iMessage when I stopped using it.

Not sure why you think only poor people would use one of the most expensive phones ever sold. I guess it’s a sign of the times that being well-off means throwing away perfectly working appliances every year.

And no drug dealer would ever use anything older than a brand new phone.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Christoffee

Contributor
Jul 26, 2012
UK
I have a 4S that I use in bed for Overcast and Radioplayer. Updated to whatever the latest iOS is. It’s slow as hell, and can not cope with anything other than those to apps. And then only barely.

There was a time that it couldn’t stream from Plex, but it can now - Plex has been updated I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.