Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleSheep2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2022
I think I've cracked the code as to who this new "iPad" is for..
With the Pros being a high-end elevated experience, and the air being a great entry point for the more than casual user.. Who is buying this new "iPad"? I think it is for those who bought an "iPad iPad" like 7th or 8th gen that already has a 1st gen apple pencil. Why? because they can upgrade to the new look without needing to buy all the new accessories. These customers don't care about clumsy charging, they just want to upgrade with the least amount of resistance.

what are your thoughts? do you agree?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Somebody points that out already and I think this is Apple trying to do iPhone 14 plus again: targeting a very niche market segment and try to profit off of them.

Who needs iPad 10?
1. People who still uses apple pencil 1 and have yet to upgrade to Apple Pencil 2.
2. People who doesn’t care about M1 and want to save a bit of money buying brand new from Apple while appreciating new form factor.
3. People who uses older iPad, want to upgrade, can’t quite accept face id but smh ok with losing home button.

It’s a very niche segment and I would be curious to see how many ipad 10 sold next year, if information leak happens.

Mackilroy

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2006
A few days ago someone said their company bought 2,000 iPad 10s once the announcement came through. If I didn't have an iPad Pro already, I'd consider one.

Reactions: AppleSheep2000

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
It’s for anybody who wants an iPad that doesn’t look like a relic. The vast majority of iPad users don’t use Pencil because it is a media consumption device.

If you’re coming from iPad Air (2013) or iPad (2017), you’re not going to want to buy the $329 iPad unless your wallet is empty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.