Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
I know that Apple’s root is hardware company,but they’ve been in services business for more than a decade. Why their services business still lack behind others.

For example: Apple maps should much better than it is now considering the resources they have or Apple Music is still far behind Spotify on music recommendations part.

Heineken

Suspended
Jan 27, 2018
I know that Apple’s root is hardware company,but they’ve been in services business for more than a decade. Why their services business still lack behind others.

For example: Apple maps should much better than it is now considering the resources they have or Apple Music is still far behind Spotify on music recommendations part.
Maps is a matter of data, but Apple Music at least for me is far superior in recommendations.

Reactions: iphonehype

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

Probably because they prefer integration of all things in iCloud.... We know how that doesn't work all the time well..

The more integration of services you have, and syncing of them in one and assume they must all work together, the more problems.. Spotify doesn't have as much complication of services as Apple's iCloud.

eg.. expired tracks in Apple music are not removed from library, their replaced with a double-up..

Apple still hasn't got this right, and AM has been out for a few years now..... Spotify however can make rapid changes more easily.

Maps is a matter of data, but Apple Music at least for me is far superior in recommendations.

That's probably because either everyone's in the Apple eco-system, it's an obvious choice, or it sync's better with other Apple devices. It's the same with Apple and Google contacts as well. They each have their own way of handling stuff

Last edited:

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Probably because they prefer integration of all things in iCloud.... We know how that doesn't work all the time well..

The more integration of services you have, and syncing of them in one and assume they must all work together, the more problems.. Spotify doesn't have as much complication of services as Apple's iCloud.

eg.. expired tracks in Apple music are not removed from library, their replaced with a double-up..

Apple still hasn't got this right, and AM has been out for a few years now..... Spotify however can make rapid changes more easily.

That's probably because either everyone's in the Apple eco-system, it's an obvious choice, or it sync's better with other Apple devices. It's the same with Apple and Google contacts as well. They each have their own way of handling stuff
Is Google also integrated everything with Gmail accounts?
why their services is still better ?

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Google has had years of map gathering experience more that Apple and it is hard to catch up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.