Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
This might be a dumb question, but I have a Nikon D300 and I like to use the Manual setting but after every shot my shutter settings change. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I have looked through the User's Manual but I can't find anything! Please Help!
Thanks
Sarah

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Try editing the title so that the Nikon users catch it. Something like

"Nikon D300: Exposure Settings Change After Manual Shots"

I have a Canon, but I have seen problems like this posted by a Pentax user. It's a simple fix, if I recall. And I don't...

Dale

Edit: It will help if you contribute more. When you have a post count above 5 you have more control and can send Private Messages.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
your aperture, ISO and shutter speeds change automatically when on full manual, or just the shutter speed? Or is it the metering that changes? Hopefully you mean that..

only thing i can think of is maybe you are actually on AV mode or TV mode, etc and think it is set to manual? You try to clear the settings via the menu?

arogge

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
What are these shutter settings? Do you mean that your shutter speed setting is changing? What is it changing to, increasing or decreasing? The most likely cause is that you are flicking the dial and changing that setting.

Or do you mean that other things are changing, such as the frame rate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.