Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthony818N

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
I have an iPhone 8 Plus with up to date software.

I have noticed that my Safari has some sites in the History that I have never visited.

For example, this is going to sound very strange, but one thing that appeared was a search from the Expedia website, the page displayed a Payment for a room, but it was not under my name or displayed any of my information. (my GF is pretty pissed about it so I am trying to find out why).
I have never signed up with Expedia either. (and to be clear, I am not lying or cheating on my GF). Honest to God i have no idea how it appeared.

There are also several other sites on my history as well that i have never searched, but that one seems to be the strangest.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?
Can i possibly have some sort of virus? Spyware? Malware?

Please let me know if you know anything
Thanks!

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
Do you have any other Macs or iPads? Is your wireless connection secure and locked? Are you using your own wireless connection? I suspect someone else using another Apple device on your Apple network. Check your wireless router for connected devices.

anthony818N

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Do you have any other Macs or iPads? Is your wireless connection secure and locked? Are you using your own wireless connection? I suspect someone else using another Apple device on your Apple network. Check your wireless router for connected devices.
Yes i have a Mac book pro also connected which has a virus.
I live in a house with roommates, and we all share the same Wifi connection...do you think that's the case here?

thanks for the reply btw

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Yes i have a Mac book pro also connected which has a virus.
I live in a house with roommates, and we all share the same Wifi connection...do you think that's the case here?

thanks for the reply btw
If you are signed in to iCloud on both your iPhone and MacBook Pro and have Safari toggled on under iCloud settings, then then the browser history on your MacBook Pro will show up on your iPhone also. Perhaps one of your room mates used your laptop to book a room?

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
Your girlfriend seems to cause you a lot of grief about things on your phone. First she found the curious things in your analytics and now she is quizzing you about your Safari history. Maybe you should limit her access to your phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.