Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
19,1 iMac, Monterey 12.0.1 with iOS15.1: If I make an Apple Mail rule in macOS, doesn't that apply to iOS15.1 if they are signed into the same Apple account?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Does iOS mail client ever support Apple mail’s crappy garbage rules system? I don’t think so.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
19,1 iMac, Monterey 12.0.1 with iOS15.1: If I make an Apple Mail rule in macOS, doesn't that apply to iOS15.1 if they are signed into the same Apple account?

The filters and rules are part of the email client, and we're talking about different clients on different platforms. Not sure why you'd expect the mail rules to be the same.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
yes, I guess it’s strange when I have to use the same Apple account to run the software.

Set your rules on your mail provider's site and Bob's your uncle... because they are done on the server... putting them in the client makes them unique to that client... it's really not rocket science, so there's no need to make it complicated.

What is "strange" is using two different mail clients on two different platforms and expecting the rules set on one to just show up on the other.

Reactions: crimlarks
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.