Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
So, here’s the deal - I’ve been rocking my iPhone 14 Pro Max (256GB) for a while now, and honestly, it’s been great. But with the iPhone 16 Pro Max officially here, I’ve found myself leaning toward an upgrade—even though it might not seem like a giant leap on paper. Let me break it down for you.

Trade-In Offer: The Clock Is Ticking!
Apple is currently offering me $700 CAD to trade in my iPhone 14 Pro Max. With my battery health sitting at 85%, I know that if I hold onto this thing for another year, the trade-in value will drop, and I’ll be left wishing I had jumped sooner. Waiting might mean I miss out on this sweet deal, and nobody wants that.

USB-C: After years of being stuck with Lightning cables, I’m ready to embrace the convenience of one cable to rule them all. It’s one of those updates that might not seem life-changing until you realize how much easier your tech life becomes.

AI, Display, and Just Enough ‘Newness’
Look, I get it. On the surface, the iPhone 16 might not seem like a game-changer. But the AI improvements Apple is rolling out? Those have me excited for some cool new camera tricks and an even smoother experience overall. And let’s not forget the slightly larger display—I do a lot of video watching, so that extra bit of screen real estate is a win.

Trade-In vs Marketplace: I could try selling my iPhone 14 Pro Max on a marketplace and maybe squeeze a few extra bucks out of it. But honestly? I’d rather skip the hassle. Dealing with buyers, negotiating prices, and worrying about scams? Not for me. Apple’s trade-in program might not give me top dollar, but it’s fast, easy, and gets the job done without the headache.

So, Is It a Huge Upgrade? Maybe Not.
But is it worth making the switch? For me, absolutely. If I wait another year, my 14 Pro Max loses even more value, and I miss out on the new features and conveniences of the iPhone 16 Pro Max. So, while it may not be an earth-shattering upgrade, it’s got enough going for it that I’m ready to make the move now.

What about you? Are you sticking with your current iPhone or eyeing that upgrade?

outz

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
i paid $50 for apples replacement battery and 70lbs and 7-days rental battery replacement equipment for my iphone 14 pro max

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
I went from 14PM to 16PM. I did it because of AI, thinner bezels, USB-C and the more comfortable curvature around the edges of the phone. Also, Verizon gave me $1K for my 14 so why not? I don’t regret it.

I understand this is like an S series cycle but for me this is the definitive version. I don’t see what else they could do next year for the Pro line besides exclusive AI.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Trade it in to gorecell instead. Apple offered me $685 cad for my 256gb 14PM. I sold it on Kijiji for $800 but gorecell would have paid me $850 for the trade in. In hindsight I should have done that.

alya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
Trade it in to gorecell instead. Apple offered me $685 cad for my 256gb 14PM. I sold it on Kijiji for $800 but gorecell would have paid me $850 for the trade in. In hindsight I should have done that.
Goresell? Never heard about that. Thanks for the lead, will try that out!

Reactions: nasa25
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.