Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
I can access TripIt online with no problems. However, the iOS app gives me a flash of my trips then forces me to a page requiring personal data.
App says: Pardon the delay: We are asking all our users to verify some account details then one must select the next button with fields for personal data never previously required.
Why this change of policy that I have not seen after countless years of using this service to sync to apps like Flighty and its predecessors?
Is there a workaround on the app or is that gone now should I refuse to give up personal information?
I changed my password online, but that meant nothing to the iOS app.
Their Privacy Policy was updated 9/1/21, but this is a new roadblock for me.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I can access TripIt online with no problems. However, the iOS app gives me a flash of my trips then forces me to a page requiring personal data.
App says: Pardon the delay: We are asking all our users to verify some account details then one must select the next button with fields for personal data never previously required.
Why this change of policy that I have not seen after countless years of using this service to sync to apps like Flighty and its predecessors?
Is there a workaround on the app or is that gone now should I refuse to give up personal information?
I changed my password online, but that meant nothing to the iOS app.
Their Privacy Policy was updated 9/1/21, but this is a new roadblock for me.

They ask for name, DOB, and home city. I entered bogus info for all. For DOB, they say you must be at least 16. I don't see any reason to give them this info. Of course, one should note that in using this app you are giving them a detailed itinerary of your travel, a significant amount of personal detail.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
They ask for name, DOB, and home city. I entered bogus info for all. For DOB, they say you must be at least 16. I don't see any reason to give them this info. Of course, one should note that in using this app you are giving them a detailed itinerary of your travel, a significant amount of personal detail.
I have done this with other apps, but find the policy change frustrating.
I do not use TripIt Pro, but wonder if anything other than authentic data could prove problematic at some point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.