Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Original poster
I just don't get it. I do a 5x7 crop in Aperture, then I choose a 5x7 borderless print and I get 1/4" borders all around the image. I've tried setting the "Scale To:" option to 5x7, Fill Page and Fit Image and all give the 1/4" border. I even have "Border Options: Width" set to zero. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 162

heron88

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
I've had the same problem before. I dont have a definite answer yet but I'm pretty sure its because the printer cant print to the very edge of the page. Something about ink bleeding... I may be wrong, but I dont think its aperture but rather the printer.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
If I print borderless from Photoshop CS3 it works just fine. It's something about Aperture.

The only thing I can add is that I do have the same problem as well. Luckily I don't print often, so when I do need to, I just move over to Photoshop which has done a much better job at color matching with my Epson.

I am sure that we may be the ones doing something wrong, but I just get results going through Photoshop every time.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
This is the same problem I had with my HP printer. Somehow, after going through 6 or 7 attempts, I got it to print borderless and was smart enough at the time to save the preset. Really frustrating for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.