Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paul_835

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
Amsterdam
Hey everyone,

I was wondering why the buyers' advice for the new MBP is neutral, and mid-cycle.
Isn't the 2017 MBP model brand new? It does say "buy now " for the 2017 MB.
Just wondering.. And also because 4 weeks ago I bought the 2017 MBP 15" LOL.
I'm new to Mac, been using iPhones for years, but now my first MBP. Have to say, really love it! It's fast en the Touch Bar is pretty cool.

Thanks

Sterkenburg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Japan
I guess they just switch the recommendation to "neutral" after a certain number of days after release based on the average number of days between previous refreshes. However, this does not imply in any way that a new model is around the corner. Plenty of devices have been in the "don't buy" category for years and still didn't get any update.

Don't worry about this stuff and enjoy your brand new Mac :)

Reactions: Paul_835

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Based on reports the next processor may be delayed.
I was on the fence and figured I would wait until the next upgrade.
Last week I purchased a new MBP 15".
The performance, feel, and track pad run circles around the 2015 15" MBP.

Reactions: Paul_835

Paul_835

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
Amsterdam
I guess they just switch the recommendation to "neutral" after a certain number of days after release based on the average number of days between previous refreshes. However, this does not imply in any way that a new model is around the corner. Plenty of devices have been in the "don't buy" category for years and still didn't get any update.

Don't worry about this stuff and enjoy your brand new Mac :)

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
The buyers advice thing is pretty useless. I think it's really aimed at people who know nothing whatsoever about computers, phones etc.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America

No you can’t! You have to complain about they keyboard and touch bad and return it for a 2010 MacBook Pro before they ruined everything!!!1!1!! :mad:

Jokes aside enjoy your new machine. If it makes you feel any better they upgraded the 2017 like 4 months after I got my 2016. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.