Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ithacasnowman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2022
I'm using iPhone 13 Pro Max. When recording my golf swing (tried both slow-mo and normal video), the camera *automatically* "zooms in" after I've swung the ball. Sometimes it keeps zooming in after each swing. Sometimes it zooms out after a swing. As if it's trying to add some kind of sports effect. When I end the video, I notice that the focal length has changed. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm using the regular iphone Camera app. AFAIK I didn't fiddle with any settings.

I am SO damn mad that Apple decided to do this by default and there is just no obvious way to turn the darn effect off.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
You can check to see if macro control is toggled on. This would allow you to turn it off cause it may think certain parts of what you’re doing are coming close enough to the camera for it to trigger.

The camera itself doesn’t zoom automatically though unless you have it in cinematic mode or the macro feature is triggered.

ithacasnowman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2022
You can check to see if macro control is toggled on. This would allow you to turn it off cause it may think certain parts of what you’re doing are coming close enough to the camera for it to trigger.

The camera itself doesn’t zoom automatically though unless you have it in cinematic mode or the macro feature is triggered.
Thank you, I’ll give that a shot.
Looks like it is turned off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.