Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I’ve got two iPads - an iPad Air 2 and an iPad mini. Both are linked to the same Apple user account and the Mail app has the same 3 email accounts on it. The iPad Air 2 updates very fast to show new emails. The iPad mini sometimes won’t update for 12 hours, although it finally always does.. I’ve tried everything, including deleting the Mail app and downloading it again. It’s still happening

any ideas, anyone?

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I'd check Settings/Mail/Accounts, and make sure Fetch New Data is set the same - "Push" or "Fetch" for all accounts (Push is faster). Also check that Fetch time for all acounts is the same, i.e., 15 minutes. Also, I'd avoid the "Automatically" setting for mail fetching.

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
In addition to what Richard aptly stated, you could also try resetting network settings on the slow iPad, and make sure it is on the same Wifi network. If you have a 2.4 and a 5Ghz router, consider moving the troubled iPad to a different channel or frequency, if the other options don't work.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I’ve got two iPads - an iPad Air 2 and an iPad mini. Both are linked to the same Apple user account and the Mail app has the same 3 email accounts on it. The iPad Air 2 updates very fast to show new emails. The iPad mini sometimes won’t update for 12 hours, although it finally always does.. I’ve tried everything, including deleting the Mail app and downloading it again. It’s still happening

any ideas, anyone?
I had that issue when I switched to an iCloud email address. Have you made such a migration recently?

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Many thanks for both suggestions. One ipad - the faster one - was on Fetch. The other on Push. I've changed both to Fetch/15 minutes as suggested. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll check the network settings of the router, though it does seem to happen wherever I log on wirelessly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.