Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
My Mother has been talking about how her lens dosn't capture alot of space so she needs a wide angle lens for her Canon rebel "G" camera it is film and I don't think she is looking to spend alot. I looked on eBay and only found attachment lens' that were advertised as a "fisheye wide angle macro zoom lens" so I didn't trust that. Does anyone have a good resourse for a wide angle lens? Under $100... It can be used.

Thanks.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
My Mother has benn talking about how her lens dosn't capture alot of space so she needs a wide angle lens for her Canon rebel "G" camera it is film and I don't think she is looking to spend alot. I looked on eBay and only found attachment lens' that were advertised as a "fisheye wide angle macro zoom lens" so I didn't trust that. Does anyone have a good resourse for a wide angle lens? Under $100... It can be used.

Thanks.

You don't say what lens she already has, so it's difficult to say what's good for wider. KEH.com has an EX+ 24mm for $139, a Sigma 24mm for $105 and a new 50mm f/1.8 for $74.

They also have a Tokina 20-35mm for $89 and a Sigma 24-70 for $69. Stay away from anything below marked BGN though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.