Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Everyone does, it’s built into the OS and has not yet been fixed. Some don’t notice it, some don’t care (like the 3D Touch bug pre-11.1) - but it’s there.

And you’re right, it shouldn’t be. But we as consumers demand an entirely new iOS every single year, so they just don’t get the polish that they really should. I’ve long argued for iOS to have a “Snow Leopard” year, or a couple of years per release to really solidify it.

ruthanna

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2018
Everyone does, it’s built into the OS and has not yet been fixed. Some don’t notice it, some don’t care (like the 3D Touch bug pre-11.1) - but it’s there.

And you’re right, it shouldn’t be. But we as consumers demand an entirely new iOS every single year, so they just don’t get the polish that they really should. I’ve long argued for iOS to have a “Snow Leopard” year, or a couple of years per release to really solidify it.
Well said, totally agree.

Sorig

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017

Very well said.

Yeah the widget tray has always been laggy here and there since it was introduced. It's more noticeable on some devices than others though.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
I’m having major and significant lag when swiping the widget screen ..
iPhone X.. and there are only 2 widgets battery life and weather..
It shouldn’t be like this..
It’s so annoying.

ediks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2015
I’m having major and significant lag when swiping the widget screen ..
iPhone X.. and there are only 2 widgets battery life and weather..
It shouldn’t be like this..
It’s so annoying.
Try hard reset , it helped for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.