Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KasperWalle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2019
Denmark
Is it possible to replace the wifi antenna on a 15* Late 2013? I can find the part that I need, but iFixit doesn't have any guides on how to replace it.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you are doing this because of a broken connector (?)
I found this video -
That one decides that replacing the entire antenna (and doing surgery on the display assembly) is not worth the risk of an even more expensive repair/replacement of the display assembly. And the person doing the repair states he is Apple certified, and even so, decides against that risky repair. He simply attaches another antenna, which gets tucked under the I/O board. So, not like factory, but a usable, useful mod.

Reactions: MBAir2010 and barbu

KasperWalle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2019
Denmark
Why do you think it’s broken? Is the connector ok?
To be fair, im not that sure. All the connectors looks fine, but im not able to get full signal strength if im not 2 meters away from the router. I've tried to replug them a few times, but sometimes they are not clicking in as I've seen someone else's do. I can attach a picture if you want to look?

KasperWalle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2019
Denmark
If you are doing this because of a broken connector (?)
I found this video -
That one decides that replacing the entire antenna (and doing surgery on the display assembly) is not worth the risk of an even more expensive repair/replacement of the display assembly. And the person doing the repair states he is Apple certified, and even so, decides against that risky repair. He simply attaches another antenna, which gets tucked under the I/O board. So, not like factory, but a usable, useful mod.
Definitely something I would try. I already had seen the video, but I weren't sure if there was something else I could do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.