Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

therealbirchy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
The City Of Sheffield
Hi Guys
Bit of help/info please.
Work for myself and recently upgraded from Macbook Air to Macbook Pro.
Had no issues connecting to wifi with the Air but the Pro is hit and miss. Sometimes it won't have any problems connecting, but other times it won't connect at all, so I reset the router, turn the wifi on and off or sometimes restart the Pro...eventually it'll connect...then drop the connection..then connect........!
I know it's not the router because I also have a Windows 10 laptop that doesn't lose the connection at all, same with my iphone.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Mark

Also, what I should say is that this doesn't seem to happen when I use the Macbook Pro at home, so is it must be a problem between the router and the Macbook. I did change the channel on the router today and it still dropped the connection after a few hours.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
Try deleting the network from system preferences>network>wifi>advanced then reboot and try to connect.

therealbirchy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
The City Of Sheffield
Try deleting the network from system preferences>network>wifi>advanced then reboot and try to connect.
Hi, yeah I tried that and the same outcome.....
[doublepost=1523995229][/doublepost]
Is it possible to change the router? Does the router need a firmware upgrade?
I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm back in the office. I just find it strange all the other devices connect ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.