Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Balam13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

i got a macbook air MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) running osx el capitan
My wifi disconnects all the time, i can surf for a few minutes, but then all the sudden my wifi disconnects for no reason. I noticed it mostly does it when i load a new page with pictures of video.

I tried to do all the things i found on the internet
-deleting preference files
-create new wifi connection
-set ipvc dhcp to link local only
- set mtu to 1453
- changed dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
- dissabled wake for wifi network acces

I even reinstalled el capitan in recovery mode.

I've been chatting with apple support and they can only tell me to bring the macbook in for repair.
The problem is that for the moment i'm living in the mountains in south mexico and nowhere near a apple shop.

I hope its not a hardware problem because different people got the same problems, but i before i got of my mountain to find a macshop i wanted to see if someone overhere can tell me why this problem occures.

i got a wifi dump from right now when i got disconnected

Sun Jul 24 18:56:48.075 <kernel> Setting BTCoex Config: enable_2G:1, profile_2g:0, enable_5G:1, profile_5G:0
Sun Jul 24 18:56:52.823 <kernel> AirPort_Brcm43xx::syncPowerState: WWEN[disabled]
Sun Jul 24 18:56:52.830 <airportd[61]> _handleLinkEvent: Got an error trying to query WiFi for power. Resetting state variables.

it's says something weird : Got an error trying to query WiFi for power. Resetting state variables.

thanks in advance!

Balam13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
Have you tried a different router/wifi access point?

Yes , the problem remains. :(

I think the problem/answer lies whit in this error

Got an error trying to query WiFi for power. Resetting state variables.

Balam13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
i think this is a router incompatibility problem, because when i connect my macbook to my iPhones wifi (hotspot) everything seems to be normal.

other things i tried so far

disable the awdl0 driver
sudo ifconfig awdl0 down
putting my network on 801/b/g instead of n

i have an iPhone and iPad connected to the same network without problems
my macbook air can't even connect when the signal is as low as -70 dBm

update: after weeks spending time on this i decided to buy myself a tp-link nano usb-dongle and speeds and connectivity are as they should be, awesome.

i spend hours looking trough forums about this problem that seems to be very common since el capitan, but i guess we can just wait till apple decides to take a serious look at this.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.