Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rantipole

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Boston
Hi. I'm one of the people having problems with wifi with Monterey (see: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/wifi-issue-with-monterey.2323222/ and several other threads).

I considered updating to Ventura, but I have a 2017 iMac. I'm concerned this will slow down my Mac to brick status. I tried searching for reports on how Ventura runs on an older Mac, but couldn't find any. (I know: 🤪 ) Any reports on wifi problems and how Ventura runs on older macs? Thank you.

Rantipole

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Boston
I KNEW Apple's suggestion of "just move it closer to the router" was flawed (I've had my computer in the same spot for years with no problems). But, I have an older Mac, not an "M2 MacBook Air, M1 MacBook Pro, M1 MacBook Air, and M1 Pro/Max MacBook Pro machines". I don't know if I should be messing around with commands in the terminal unless I know it is appropriate for this Mac. Thanks though. I did reset PRAM but that did nothing. Hopefully they'll release another Monterey update, because 12.6.2 did not fit this problem.

In the meantime, part of the original question still applies: any reports on how Ventura runs on older Macs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.