Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lhfan04

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
I have an iPhone XS Max Running 12.1. Recently I noticed that when I join a new WiFi network that it takes around 40 seconds from it going to the check mark on the WiFi settings screen to showing the WiFi logo on the top right. Anyone else notice this? Am I on WiFi as soon as the check mark hits on that screen even though the top right still shows LTE for a good 40 seconds?

Uridium

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2018
UK
I have a similar issue where I can be connected to my home WiFi watching a YouTube vid and when I go out of reception (a WiFi dead room) and return it doesn’t reconnect, it does connect to cellular though.

I have noticed that I have to open settings to get the WiFi to kick in, otherwise it stays on cellular chewing up my data.

I can be sat very close to the BT home hub router and it still doesn’t reconnect without opening settings.

12.1 on XS max 256

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
I've heard Xs max is having this problem. LTE/wifi/bluetooth problems.

Yeah. My XS Max has severe issues with LTE and WIFI. I ultimately returned it. Got a XR and a XS last week. Both have been stellar thus far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.