Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
Hi

Anyone else had any WiFi slow down issues on High Sierra? I'm running the GM and using Safari. I notice horrible slow downs when trying to search the web or load a web page, so I rebooted and ran a speed test. I got about 38Mbit down and 7Mbit up, compared to 43Mbit down and 9Mbit up on my Mac mini upstairs which is hard wired, so not a bad score. Then after about 10-15 minutes, everything seems to slow down again. I go to open a website, and it sits there and thinks about it before rendering. I've done another speed test when this behaviour occurs and I'm now getting 8Mbit down and 2Mbit up. I restart, and it goes back to normal, but then the same thing happens over and over again.

I've checked out Activity Monitor and theres nothing eating my bandwidth that I can see. I've no idea where to look next.

Its driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated!

StrawberryX

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2013
Antwerp
I had wifi problems on my nMP.
It would connect but not surf the web.
Or connect, surf the web but slow as f.
But after just installing my apps, and using the ethernet from time to time.
After 12h or more, It was like HS finally got along with my wifi router,
It's just the same as it was in Sierra. At the begin, It looked like It didn't know how to work with my router ...

Another change I made during that time, was upgrading the ram from 12GB to 64GB.
But the couple of extra reboots, did probably more than maxing the ram.

And It was the same that after a reboot, It would work normal, and after 10min or something get weird again.

Last edited:

idboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2017
Yeah same exact problem here after updating to high Sierra, can anyone tell me how to downgrade? I'm already try Internet recovery but take no effect

Sheppster

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2017
Ontario
Hi

Anyone else had any WiFi slow down issues on High Sierra? I'm running the GM and using Safari. I notice horrible slow downs when trying to search the web or load a web page, so I rebooted and ran a speed test. I got about 38Mbit down and 7Mbit up, compared to 43Mbit down and 9Mbit up on my Mac mini upstairs which is hard wired, so not a bad score. Then after about 10-15 minutes, everything seems to slow down again. I go to open a website, and it sits there and thinks about it before rendering. I've done another speed test when this behaviour occurs and I'm now getting 8Mbit down and 2Mbit up. I restart, and it goes back to normal, but then the same thing happens over and over again.

I've checked out Activity Monitor and theres nothing eating my bandwidth that I can see. I've no idea where to look next.

Its driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated!
I am having a similar issue. Mine is when I attempt to use my Bluetooth wireless speaker my internet slows to a crawl or won't work at all.
[doublepost=1514748170][/doublepost]
Yeah same exact problem here after updating to high Sierra, can anyone tell me how to downgrade? I'm already try Internet recovery but take no effect
I have been on the phone with Level Two Techs from Apple about this issue and apparently one Tech said that I could not downgrade to an older OSX. However the 2nd Tech said that it could be done. Suppose to contact me this week

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.