Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdjasrie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
For those who applied some kind of protection to their screen, like a tempered glass layer, does it ruin the flat aesthetic of the iPhone 12? I am just wondering as I find the flat surface really aesthetically pleasing. Is the extra layer creating an obvious bump?

mdjasrie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
That’s great to hear! Now I don’t have to worry too much with the added layer of a tempered glass applied to it. I guess with a case it will look flushed with the extra layer?

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Which protector are you using?

I just got this one and it sits on the phone perfectly. Looks and feels great. I honestly can't ever tell the difference from the cheaper types you find on Amazon from the $30+ ones people buy at the Apple Store or Best Buy.

And I usually suck at putting on these things but it came with a little alignment tray that makes it impossible to screw it up. I definitely recommend it.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
That’s great to hear! Now I don’t have to worry too much with the added layer of a tempered glass applied to it. I guess with a case it will look flushed with the extra layer?

I think it'll depend on which case you get. I bought a clear Spigen TPU case for my 12P, and even with the tempered glass protector that I put on it, it still has enough of a raised lip around the border.

Meanwhile, my 11PM with a Totallee case and screen protector was perfectly flush.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.