Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gelindo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
hi
as you can see in the title i have a question about aperture. i've been looking on several forums on the net for an awnser and stil haven't find one. some people say it works fine and athers say i will be beter of with the dedicated grafics card then the integrated nvidia 9400m. i hope to find the awnser here.

thx.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
It will work very well. Runs beautifully on my 2.4GHz Unibody MacBook, just make sure you've got a decent amount of RAM. The new 2.53 comes with 4GB standard so it will be fine.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
It for sure will. Runs like a dream on my 2.4 GHz one. So far I think I used the 9600 GT once I think, which was the first day I got the Mac to see how it actually performed...

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
It will run fine.

I'm running it on a 2.33GHz MacBook Pro with ATIx1600 graphics card and it works well.

The only time I really notice it being slow is if I've adjusted the image using the straighten tool along with a few other adjustments.

If you want to try it out for yourself you can get a 30 day trial from Apple:

http://www.apple.com/aperture/trial/

gelindo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
thx for the reply's i'm thinking of getting the 2,53ghz model with the integrated graphics card or should i go for the model with the dedicated graphics

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
thx for the reply's i'm thinking of getting the 2,53ghz model with the integrated graphics card or should i go for the model with the dedicated graphics

It all depends on what you want to do with it. Some things might require a dedicated card. Personally, if I were to buy a new MacBook right now, I'd probably go with the integrated card, since I never use the dedicated one. Only reason I went for this one is because the 13" screen was too small for me and the 15" didn't have any integrated card only option. But if you want to play games on it or edit video, I think you'd be better off with the dedicated card.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
hi
as you can see in the title i have a question about aperture. i've been looking on several forums on the net for an awnser and stil haven't find one. some people say it works fine and athers say i will be beter of with the dedicated grafics card then the integrated nvidia 9400m. i hope to find the awnser here.

thx.

It will run fine. Don't worry about the graphic card, Aperture does not make much use it it. What matter a lot more is the amount of RAM. Buy as much as will fit. Max it out.
The other thing that matters a lot is the quality of the LCD monitor. For critical work you need a calibrated, anti-reflective screen. You will also need a few (at least two) external hard drives for backups using Aperture's built-in "vault" system.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
Why would it not?

Attachments

• Picture 11.jpg
    Picture 11.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.