Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quartz220

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2023
my s5 44mm aluminium grey has a small but quite deep scratch, the silver aluminium is visible but everything works fine, will they replace the battery for $79 or quote me the full price $300+ for battery replacement? i need to use it for a few more years.

anyone have experience bringing their scratched/ dented watch to apple for battery replacement out of warranty?

fwmireault

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
From my experience, as long as the damage doesn't prevent Apple from accessing the internal battery, it will only quote you 80$ for the battery replacement. Scratches on Apple Watch are frequent, they are used to that

Reactions: quartz220

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Apple will only replace battery if the health is below 80%, in that case you'll get a refurb, they do not "replace" batteries

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Yes - I took a very scratched up s4 watch to Apple. It had three owners previously (me, my sister in law and my nephew) and was v v scratched up. However scratches are different from cracks. They were clear that if they thought the screen was CRACKED, that would need to get done first. So if heavily scratched, i think no problem. if cracked, that's a different story.

Reactions: Carlsberg69
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.