Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onethinline

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Chicago
I'm already on the iPhone Upgrade Plan, and appreciate that it fast-tracks you through the process when pre-ordering, and even seems to help ensure a launch-day delivery assuming you order reasonably early when orders start.

The other day I got my pre-approval set up for a 12 Pro, but now I'm thinking I may go for the 12 instead, due to its lighter weight. I see the note saying I can change phone choice when I actually place the order, but there's also that mention that shipping estimates may change. My question is, how much of the approval do I have to go through again if I switch models when finalizing the order? Surely they keep the carrier and loan approval already in place? Will switching models when I order mean I have less chance of a phone on launch day?

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Why would it slow it down if you make a change now? Pre ordering hasnt even started yet. All this does is set your info so you can speed through check out easier.

onethinline

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Chicago
Why would it slow it down if you make a change now? Pre ordering hasnt even started yet. All this does is set your info so you can speed through check out easier.

You can't change your phone selection once you've got your IUP pre-approval set up. The note on the pre-approval says I'll be able to change the device selection once I actually place the order tomorrow.

Reactions: C7 POWER

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
In that case the only thing that may slow you down is making the change before you submit your order tomorrow, but that still should add a few minutes to the process and not delay your order.

Reactions: onethinline
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.