Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Onemorequestion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
Hello,

I am in the market for a MacBook Pro but the options are so overwhelming that I become paralyzed in making a decision.

I’m a big fan of the 13” 2015 MacBook Pro and have been thinking that it might be the best computer for me but I also want to make sure that I don’t get a computer that Apple will decide to make useless.

The features I like about the 2015 MacBook Pro are the accessible inputs on the laptop, a standard keyboard (not butterfly), affordability, and it was made before Apple tried to get too clever for their own good.

All I need is a simple, functioning laptop, not the latest and greatest, fastest and sleekest.

I’d really like to be able to run CS6 on an older operating system (I don’t use photoshop that much but I want to have it, and I’m not interested in the latest features, and I really don’t like the idea of continuing to pay for software that I use once in a while)

Is it possible to keep a 2015 MacBook Pro running on an older OS without any issues?

Thanks for any advice/info!

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
You should be good to keep it on Mojave for at least 3 more years I would think. I'm running a 2015 13" and likely won't move to Catalina either.

Reactions: Onemorequestion

Onemorequestion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
The MacBook I’m looking at is on an even older OSX.
Can a non subscription photoshop from the CS6 run on a newer OSX?

You should be good to keep it on Mojave for at least 3 more years I would think. I'm running a 2015 13" and likely won't move to Catalina either.

JLH81

macrumors regular
May 10, 2016

Just curious, why wouldn't you upgrade to Catalina? I have a 2015 MBP, and I'm thinking I will be able to upgrade - no?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Just curious, why wouldn't you upgrade to Catalina? I have a 2015 MBP, and I'm thinking I will be able to upgrade - no?

Certainly can. I have some apps that are 32 bit so Catalina is a no go. Otherwise I’d be taking Catalina.
[doublepost=1566330159][/doublepost]
The MacBook I’m looking at is on an even older OSX.
Can a non subscription photoshop from the CS6 run on a newer OSX?

I’m not sure. Do you have it installed on Mojave right now? If so you can check in System Information and it will tell you if it’s 32 bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.