Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bandannamonkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2016
Hello, I have an iPad Air running iOS 10.0.2 currently. I wanted to backup and restore my iPad but its a school iPad and it has a management profile installed in settings (with the school Wi-Fi and restrictions for the iTunes/app store). I really can't afford to loose this profile off my iPad so I was wondering if iTunes would back it up during a backup? I don't mind if it keeps the profile but doesn't backup the Wi-Fi password, as long as the profile is still there.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
Hello, I have an iPad Air running iOS 10.0.2 currently. I wanted to backup and restore my iPad but its a school iPad and it has a management profile installed in settings (with the school Wi-Fi and restrictions for the iTunes/app store). I really can't afford to loose this profile off my iPad so I was wondering if iTunes would back it up during a backup? I don't mind if it keeps the profile but doesn't backup the Wi-Fi password, as long as the profile is still there.

My companies profile did not move with my backup when went from iphone 6+ to 7+. But I know how to re-install the profile, so it was no issue for me. I am not sure there is anyway to know for sure, until you try, or ask them.

Even if people tell you theirs moved, it could be a setting at the school to prevent it from moving.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.