Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danielyouio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
I made scan (everything clean), went to toilet, came back and discovered Malwarebytes in trash. Don't know if I accidentally sent the icon or something to trash from Launchpad I used to activate it.
The name consisted of word Malwarebytes and file version.

I moved it to App Folder (or I think I did) and it asked me my Admin Password to use helper tool.

At this point I was worried I broke something and deleted it. Or I think I did...
Downloaded new Malwarebytes, but now it said there is still one on App Folder and still asking password for Helper Tool.

Now fed up, I deleted both the one in App Folder and the new one, then went back to here:
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac-download/

And downloaded another new Malwarebytes and put it to App Folder.

My text comes off confusing, but this is because I'm tired and am not sure what happened exactly.

Question:

Will Malwarebytes work after I dragged it from App Folder and deleted it? I only removed it from App Folder, I did not delete any of the plist files or something I think it put somewhere first time I installed it.

What I mean is, will it work completely and not have some inner damage due to what it won't detect something nasty while seemingly running?
[doublepost=1490215826][/doublepost]When I installed it again and it asked for admin password, I had LibreOffice window open. I closed it before entering password just in case. But could another app being open during that time have anyway affected installation process?

Danielyouio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Yeah it'd work fine. You can even run MWB straight from the mounted image; you don't even need to drag it to Applications.

Thank you for helping!
I was worried I ruined something when removing older Malwarebytes and installing new one, but did not remove old plist file.
Didn't sleep well last night and now this made me bit anxious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.