Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjones185

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Warner Robins,GA
Hello,

I just purchased the Canon EOS 7D with 28-135.

I have a:

10D with 28-135 & a 40D body

I was planning on selling the 10D kit and maybe the new 28-135 lens with the 40D, if I do and I have a warranty issue with my 7D will I have problems or will Canon work on the 7D without it?

Other lenses I have I will keep

Sigma 30 1.4
Canon 60 Macro
Canon 17-55 2.8
Canon 70-200 2.8

I'm not a 100% sure I will sell the 40D Gripped.

Thank you

Mike

Eaton Photos

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
KY
You have already received the correct answer.

On to, selling your lenses + bodies. I would recommend selling the 28-135's separately. You'll make a better profit, by piecing everything out, instead of selling as kits.

Check the FredMiranda B&S Board (http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10), for pricing, so you don't over/ under price your gear. FM's board is by far more accurate, than eBay or anywhere else, in my opinion.

Good luck with your decisions.

mjones185

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Warner Robins,GA
You have already received the correct answer.

On to, selling your lenses + bodies. I would recommend selling the 28-135's separately. You'll make a better profit, by piecing everything out, instead of selling as kits.

Check the FredMiranda B&S Board (http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10), for pricing, so you don't over/ under price your gear. FM's board is by far more accurate, than eBay or anywhere else, in my opinion.

Good luck with your decisions.

Thank you for the feedback. I will deffiantley look at this when selling. I have not completely decided to sell the 40D. I have so much invested in it with the grip and extra battery. I wanted a new camera with video and decided on the 7D. I wanted to go FF but with the EFS-C lenses I have I decided to stick with the 7D, plus the 5D MIII is due anytime and if I got the 5D MII I would be plagued with regret for not holding off because I'm sure it's going to me amazing. Even if it was released today it would probably be more expensive and hard to come by for some time.

On a separate note, does anyone have comments on the advantages/disadvantages to gripped 7Ds. I've only ever used a gripped camera and it's what I'm use to.

Thanks

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.