Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Is there any word on a new password plugin / app that will work with windows? The current cloud client is near impossible to get working and when I finally got it to magically accept my login half the contents didn’t sync properly.

I want to use the password app but if it can’t be reliable outside OSX and IPhones it’s no use for me.

Anyone know if we got a new plugin / app coming with the release of the new version of osx?

SoYoung

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2015
For me the iCloud password app works as it should on Windows. My only complaint is if I add a new password while on Windows, it can take a while to update it in the cloud for all my devices. I'm still on Windows 10 though

Reactions: Dorfdad

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
For me the iCloud password app works as it should on Windows. My only complaint is if I add a new password while on Windows, it can take a while to update it in the cloud for all my devices. I'm still on Windows 10 though
yeah when I get to the part to sign-on the window pops up for 1 sec and closes for approval. I used the other mode for activation as well but it just doesn't seem to ever work it loops.

Windows 11 newest version.

SoYoung

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2015
yeah when I get to the part to sign-on the window pops up for 1 sec and closes for approval. I used the other mode for activation as well but it just doesn't seem to ever work it loops.

Windows 11 newest version.
Apple apps on Windows are always poorly optimized and not updated often enough. Just the Apple Music App on Windows is a great exemple of that. For a year now the TuneIn radio stations don't work at all on the Windows AP app and Apple seems to not bother at all. Its been a while they didn't updated their whole iCloud app as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.