Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skrrt1234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2017
Hello. How good is this MacBook for studies, surfing the web, listening to music and maybe editing a video or two? (Low quality videos). Specs down below. I really want the MacBook to last a few years.

MacBook Pro Retina, 2013.
8 GB Ram
Intel Grapichs 4000 and Nvdia GeForce 650m
Intel Core i7
2,4 ghz
256 GB SSD
4 cores

Please tell me what you think down below. It is second hand offered at around 750$. Will it fit my needs, and how long will the computer last me? Thanks a lot. ALSO - seller is telling me that it has some dead/stuck pixels, which he says you dont notice at all, unless it is fully black screen, then you can actually see it. Will this spread or anything? Should i still buy it?

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
There's the potential for a BIG difference between a dead pixel (always black) and a stuck pixel (always some color other than black). Like you said, if you frequently have a black screen while you're working or watching videos or whatever, a bright lime green pixel will stand out on its own.

I had an iMac with two dead pixels when I bought it, never encountered any new ones and I never really had a problem with those two - but it was only two. You have to decide if it's a problem.

MaraviRasmussen

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2017
United States
Hello. How good is this MacBook for studies, surfing the web, listening to music and maybe editing a video or two? (Low quality videos). Specs down below. I really want the MacBook to last a few years.

MacBook Pro Retina, 2013.
8 GB Ram
Intel Grapichs 4000 and Nvdia GeForce 650m
Intel Core i7
2,4 ghz
256 GB SSD
4 cores

Please tell me what you think down below. It is second hand offered at around 750$. Will it fit my needs, and how long will the computer last me? Thanks a lot. ALSO - seller is telling me that it has some dead/stuck pixels, which he says you dont notice at all, unless it is fully black screen, then you can actually see it. Will this spread or anything? Should i still buy it?
hi, let me warn you that 650m was known for failing earlier that expected, im not quite sure about this 2013 version but it still holds the same name , guess that tells me something

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.