Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
Hello All,

I recently setup and installed Windows 10 in bootcamp on my 2017 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, and I am having issues with getting my Logitech Craft keyboard and MX Master Mouse connecting to my Windows bootcamp via bluetooth.

Both devices appear in the list of available devices when attempting to pair them, but when I click to connect them they keep telling me to try to connect again. I should add that both devices successfully pair to the same MBP using bluetooth in MacOS.

I have let Windows go through and finish all the supplemental updates over the last weekend, but to no avail. I can connect my keyboard and mouse via the Logitech via the universal USB dongle, but I really want to connect these devices directly over bluetooth.

Has anyone had this issue with Windows 10 in bootcamp, and if so, were you able to resolve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

robertcoogan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Joshua Tree, California
I've had the same problem myself. My Magic Mouse would work fine under macOS Catalina but utterly fails on the Windows 10 side. There are some "fixes" out there, none of them worked for me. These included:

1. Opening Bootcamp assistant on macOS, redownloading them (go to the Action menu, and choose "Download Windows Support Software") and saving them to an NTFS-formatted drive, rebooting to Windows 10, reinstalling the drivers. The Apple driver never appears in Device Manager under Windows 10.

2. In Windows 10, open Device Manager, and manually install the drivers you downloaded in step 1. This didn't work.

3. Run Bootcamp update while in Windows 10. Nope.

3. Disconnecting the Bluetooth mouse on the macOS side, then it was "supposed" to pop up on the Windows 10 side. No, that didn't work either.

4. Cry.

The most I've been able to find out is that the Apple Broadcom driver is either getting deleted or isn't recognized by Windows 10. But there doesn't seem to be a fix right now. So, for now, my Magic Mouse is sitting in a drawer and I've bought a wifi mouse, which works just fine. But I really would love to get rid of the dongle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.