Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chublet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2018
I have a 21" iMac running the latest OS. I have a second screen connected via a Thunderbolt-VGA adapter - I use the iMac screen for general use and the second monitor for showing a feed from my CCTV cameras.

All works great except for the fact when the screen goes to sleep on my iMac and the second monitor, when I move the mouse both start up again immediately but my CCTV feed is on the main screen, I have to manually move it across to the second one. This happens with all windows that are open on my second screen so I know it is not the CCTV software.

This is driving me mad - any idea how to fix?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I don’t know but I suspect it’s because you have the second monitor connected via VGA, which is an old analog connection. Does that display have any digital inputs you can try—maybe HDMI or DVI?

chublet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply - it has dvi but it doesn't have HDMI, unfortunately I don't currently have a dvi lead or adapter, but I do have a HDMI tv I will try with - thanks for the advice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.