Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IphoneFinally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
Hello,
I got my first iphone (12) in January and have been using it in a Honda Civic with no issues. Both my personal and work phone (iPhone 8) were upgraded to 14.6 last Wednesday. Carplay worked once and now no more. It only charges the phone when plugged in. I tried Android Auto with a Pixel phone and that works, so I know it is not the port. I tried rebooting phone and infotainment screen in car. I disabled and enabled Siri as that was a fix noted on reddit, but that may have been a wireless carplay fix.

Do I have to wait until 14.7 and hope for a fix? Again, I am somewhat new to iPhones. I use carplay all the time so this is frustrating.

Last edited:

PeterRollback

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2015
Arizona
That’s crazy, the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks back. Where I would try and reconnect my phone to the car several times and nothing would happen. The issue fixed it self after a day or two. All I did was turn the car on again one day and CarPlay worked.

Although I must say, Honda entertainment system is not the best… I have had times where I would get a phone call and when I answer on Carplay, I cannot her the other person. I then have to toggle speaker mode on and off the phone so that I can hear the other person.

IphoneFinally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
That’s crazy, the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks back. Where I would try and reconnect my phone to the car several times and nothing would happen. The issue fixed it self after a day or two. All I did was turn the car on again one day and CarPlay worked.

Although I must say, Honda entertainment system is not the best… I have had times where I would get a phone call and when I answer on Carplay, I cannot her the other person. I then have to toggle speaker mode on and off the phone so that I can hear the other person.
This is what happened to me. It "fixed" itself, but now regular Bluetooth doesn't work!! If this is a trade-off so be it because I need carplay/GPS more than I need regular Bluetooth. But still....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.