Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enderlais_HD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2021
I had something on my mind for a fwew years lately because we don’t have modem cables in our home but have them in our basement in our internet box what if I made a device that could send a modem signal wirelessly and then revive it at my room for example it wuld be uesed I’ll for people that for example want to connect their retro computer to a modem but don’t have a modem line in their room.

The only thing is I doo not have the knowledge of modems and stuff so I went out to the only forum I know so I am asking you all with chips and stuff I need and wuld like to make it a project here.and I hope some day I / we can succeed !

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Here is the Amazon search you want. It took a while to find the correct search terms.

This particular one seems to be the cheapest.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Here is the Amazon search you want. It took a while to find the correct search terms.

This particular one seems to be the cheapest.

I think what OP is after is a wifi to ethernet bridge.
I used to use Apple Airport Express boxes for where I needed these. These days, a powerline ethernet adapter would be easiest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.