Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samiam2310

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
Costa Rica
I was using my mid 2013 Macbook Air 13inch yesterday and it died while using (at full battery).
Plugged her in and she came back to life, had 98% battery.
She then up and died again 10 minutes later, straight to black screen, no light on apple logo on clamshell. Pushing the power button does nothing 50% of time, the other 50% it comes to life and dies within the first 2 minutes - varying from at the startup chime, or apple logo, or all the way through to seeing the desktop for a split second, either way, it dies again before anything loads properly...

Have managed to:
Reset the SMC
Reset the PRAM
Checked the battery shows as normal in diagnostics
Ran the restart-hold-d-key-Apple-diagnostic-checker which says "No issues found ADP000"
Ran in safe mode, and worked fine, I restarted it and came back up long enough for me to quit all the programs it automatically opened and it died after a few minutes.
Am trying Single User Mode but it dies before I can finish putting in the command

I've tried turning it on about 30+ times now, and it lasts on average 5 seconds. It no longer lasts long enough to get disk utility to run.
Charger light shows as green

I'm a rental car and a 6 hour drive from the nearest apple support, so would be great if I could fix it with your help!
Of course I've documents on there that aren't backed up so reinstalling and losing my contents would be a very last resort.
[doublepost=1475254530][/doublepost]Update:
Have also tried holding T when turning on, I get the lightning logo for a few seconds then it dies again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.