Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aleksander_molin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2016
Copenhagen
Hey there,

I recently bought a Apple Watch series 2, as I want to use it as a fitness tracker and avoid bringing my iPhone on runs and to the gym. I have tried a couple of apps and they all seems to be dependent on connection to my iPhone in order to make the app work properly. I therefore ask you if you have experienced and/or used an app for Apple Watch which works independent of the iPhone on the run and is able to perform tabata and other interval timers which make use of the speaker on the watch?

Thanks in advance

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Hey there,

I recently bought a Apple Watch series 2, as I want to use it as a fitness tracker and avoid bringing my iPhone on runs and to the gym. I have tried a couple of apps and they all seems to be dependent on connection to my iPhone in order to make the app work properly. I therefore ask you if you have experienced and/or used an app for Apple Watch which works independent of the iPhone on the run and is able to perform tabata and other interval timers which make use of the speaker on the watch?

Thanks in advance

I would like to know the same thing :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.