Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bespin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2021
Hey, fellow Apple fans

We’ve launched our free hydration app, Waterful, on Apple Watch, and we’d love to hear your thoughts guys : )

Waterful app in a nutshell:
  • Cute app hero: a friendly hydration coach that keeps you hydrated and happy about yourself
  • 6 unique challenges / 20 badges: focused on specific benefits (e.g. better focus, happier mood, weight control), they add fun & consistency to your daily water update
  • Personalized daily goal: takes gender, weight, activity level & even current weather conditions into account
  • Custom reminders: smart enough not to disturb you when you’re hydrated, asleep, etc.
  • Wide drinks catalog: takes into account how different drinks really hydrate you
  • Meaningful Statistics & streaks: your remarkable progress shown in vivid
  • motivating graphs
Apple Watch app includes:
  • Add/remove drinks, edit volume
  • Access favorite drinks quickly in the main view
  • Browse drinks history
Grab some screens: here

And check it out here:
iOS
Apple Watch

BIG thanks! Your feedback helps us grow and make the app more suitable for you.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Sorry… You say it is FREE, yet looking at the services it mentions Subscription based……. Not a chance sorry.
If I paid subscription for all my fully paid apps based on your yearly rate I would have to find An additional £1,500.00 per year.
Please don’t say “you can pay a lifetime £8.99”….. That’s nigh on what I paid for Procreate!

Bespin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2021
Sorry… You say it is FREE, yet looking at the services it mentions Subscription based……. Not a chance sorry.
If I paid subscription for all my fully paid apps based on your yearly rate I would have to find An additional £1,500.00 per year.
Please don’t say “you can pay a lifetime £8.99”….. That’s nigh on what I paid for Procreate!
Actually, ALL our features are free :) Subscription doesn't unlock any additional features, but removes ads.

Bespin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2021
Depends on how you look at it. Other hydration apps have multiple features hidden behind the paywall, we don't. You can enjoy all our features, and it won't cost you a penny. We offer subscription as a way to support us in the development of this app.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
I wish you well…. Honest I mean that.
I was fortunate to purchase a similar app (My Water) many years ago and helped with beta testing.
Although my app is the full version and I receive updates at no extra costs, any new users would have to go subscription only and the developers charges are MUCH MUCH higher than your app…. Hence why I am against subscription based apps sorry.

ukbootlegs

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2019
United Kingdom
Not a fan for just one simple reason

even though it’s using Apple health to read and write data, my diet and fitness app which also tracks water intake doesn’t seem to ingest your data

Bespin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2021
Not a fan for just one simple reason

even though it’s using Apple health to read and write data, my diet and fitness app which also tracks water intake doesn’t seem to ingest your data
Thanks for feedback! Good point, we'll think about how we can improve it in the future.

Reactions: ukbootlegs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.