Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
mfacey said:
I'm pretty sure its a pretty standard photoshop job. No special photography there as far as I know!

Yeah erm I'd like to know how exactly? Where to go, what buttons to press..etc? Cheers

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
rossoUK said:
Yeah erm I'd like to know how exactly? Where to go, what buttons to press..etc? Cheers

My guess is they just used the outline selection tool and traced around the edges to crop it out of the original image, then add a new background layer (white). Easy peasy.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
What I would do is to first remove (or white-fill) those obvious places like the right and top-left part using selection tools. Then just do a replace color on the white areas and turning up the lightness all the way to the max to blend the immediate surrounding to white. Some brushing tool is needed to remove the shadow on the left corner and then finally some adjustment to the brightness and contrast

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 119

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I'm pretty sure all he did was adjust levels to bring the background pure white. He then erased the darker areas. I tried this out myself and got identical results with the shadow patterns and the color of the blue thing (what is that?)

Here's a screen shot of the levels adjustment layer I used:

Attachments

• levels.jpg
    levels.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 126
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.